CHILD’S PLAY COMMUNICATIONS ANNOUNCES
Seriously STEM Award Judges
Child’s Play Communications is delighted to announce an outstanding panel of independent judges for the Seriously STEM Awards, a new program designed exclusively to review and evaluate STEM – Science, Technology, Engineering and Math — toys for kids.
The judges are:
- Jo Boaler, a Professor of Mathematics Education at Stanford University, the faculty director of youcubed, and an expert on mathematics learning and visual, creative, playful maths.
- Diana Wehrell-Grabowski, PhD travels the globe sharing her passion for STEM with educators and children, promoting a lifelong love of learning
- Liz Gumbinner, Co-Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of the Cool Mom Picks network which includes Cool Mom Tech, the premier online resource dedicated to technology from a parenting perspective
- Jason Lindsey, a STEM Certified Educator, Science Multimedia Journalist, and Meteorologist who has appeared on television stations across America, including the Today Show
- Patrick McQuillan, Vice President of STEM Education, Liberty Science Center and manager of the largest planetarium in the Western Hemisphere
- Andrew B. Raupp, Founder of org™ and developer of the world’s original digital, STEM education framework for people, programs and products
- Reyne Rice, Global Trend Hunter/ CEO/ Media Influencer for ToyTrends, is a 30-year veteran of the toys, games and kids’ technology industries
- Wendy Smolen, toy industry writer and ideator and co-founder of Sandbox Summit, an annual idea forum at MIT exploring the intersection of play, learning, and technology
- Scott Steinberg, an award-winning trends expert, author of 14 bestselling books including Parenting High-Tech Kids and the creator of The Modern Parent’s Guide series, How to Speak Kid, and Family Tech
Parents increasingly recognize the importance of teaching children STEM to prepare them for the future. Because children learn from play, toys are their first and best introduction to STEM concepts. But not every toy genuinely teaches STEM skills.
Child’s Play Communications partnered with STEM.org™ to launch Seriously STEM and offer valuable information to all those parents who understand the benefits of learning STEM but who need help making the right choices for their children.