Stuck Home with Kids? Tips from Experts
To help parents who are quarantined at home with their #kids due to the #coronavirus, we’ve regularly been posting advice from experts to our social channels. Today, we’re summarizing and sharing some of the best tips we’ve seen to date.
- Make a plan and talk to your children about what to expect.
- Maintain a routine. Structure makes kids feel safer.
- Encourage your kids to talk about their feelings. Consider having them write them down in a letter format.
- Use this time to teach them real-life skills, like how to do laundry, cook, or manage their time.
- YouTube offers an array of virtual experiences kids will enjoy, such as zoo and aquarium tours.
- It’s also a great source of exercise classes – working out together is an ideal way for the whole family to stay in shape.
- Podcasts and audiobooks can be fun and educational alternatives to screens.
- Go outside, if you can do so safely and with social distancing. Garden, throw a ball, take a walk or go biking.
- Discover what your kids like that you can do together, whether that’s board games or baking.
- Encourage youngsters to help others, safely. That could be as simple an act as leaving a container of milk at the door of an elderly neighbor waiting on the other side
Visit our website, childsplaypr.com, for an ongoing series of tips to help families through the current crisis.