Moms can’t live without their smartphones, according to recent research by BabyCenter. In fact, moms’ adoption of smartphones has increased 64% over the past two years, and 51% of moms report that they are “addicted” to smartphones. The survey looked at 5,000 moms across the U.S. Following are some key findings:
- More than half said they bought a smartphone “as a direct result of becoming a mom.”
- After becoming a mom, the most important smartphone features became, in order, the camera, the video, then apps. Fifty two percent of moms said they had 10 or more apps on their phone and one-quarter of them were for their kids.
- Moms are 40% more likely than avergae to use their smartphones for social networking.
- 68% of moms use their smartphones to shop and 62% report that they use shopping apps to compare prices and do research.
- The majorty of moms sleep with their smartphones next to their beds and more than half check their phones first thing in the morning.
Moms, are you devoted to your smartphone? What do you use it for and what kinds of apps would you like to see? Marketers, what apps do you offer for moms and how else do you use smartphones to reach them?