Orlando Mom Love
Though I couldn’t stay for the whole event (disclosure: I did squeeze in 45 minutes at the pool and 5 in the hot tub), I was thrilled to have the opportunity this weekend to connect in person with the wonderful mom bloggers I’d invited for a tour of Orlando’s theme parks, courtesy of the Orlando/Orange County Convention & Visitors Bureau. I met Miranda, Keeper of the Cheerios, Amy, Mom Advice; Amy, Mom Spark, Mindy, The Mommy Blog and Jamie, Travel Savvy Mom and reconnected with Jill, Musings from Me, Carol, NYCity Mama and Stacie, The Divine Miss Mommy.
OOCVB had a really outstanding itinerary planned. My son (CollegeBoy) and I had loved both Universal Studios and Seaworld when we’d visited in the past. From what the moms tweeted during their trip, I’m sure he would have adored Gatorland as well, and everyone seemed to have fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. At the end of each full day, the group rested at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando.
- Travel Savvy Mom should not be left alone with spiders.
- Shrek should not be left alone with The Mommy Blog (She did what?)
- Group organizers who offer tips on getting quickly through airline security can get pulled over for a random search (Yup. That was me.)
- Group organizers can be jealous of mom bloggers who preview the Harry Potter ride (Me again.)
- Rain cannot dampen this group’s spirits.
- Some children really, really like chicken fingers.
- Eight mom bloggers now have a special relationship with gators — as in holding, kissing and sitting on. I kid you not.
- There is much more to Orlando than Disney.
And one more thing: Despite the fact that these women were from all different parts of the country, from West Coast to East, they all seemed to get along beautifully and have a rollicking good time.
Here’s a look at some of the posts they wrote before their trip:
KEEPER OF THE CHEERIOS: http://keeperofthecheerios.com/2010/03/my-daughter-and-i-are-heading-to-orlando/
MUSINGS FROM ME: http://www.musingsfromme.com/making-my-youngest-sons-day/
MOM SPARK: http://momspark.net/going-to-orlando/
THE DIVINE MISS MOMMY: http://thedivinemissmommy.com/places-to-go-people-to-see-orlando-here-we-come-orlandomom/
To check out their tweets, search #OrlandoMom and #OrlandoMoms on Twitter.
For post-event updates, stay tuned….